At Stone Bay School being a part of our local community is very important to us. Our community is an integral part of preparing our pupils to be active participants who are as independent as possible and are able to make positive contributions. We want our pupils to get to know the community they live in and to be confident in accessing the places they love and need. In order to achieve this we strive to connect with our community in many different ways:
- Links with local nurseries and Primary schools to offer support as part of the TISS outreach programme and to support all our new pupils with transitioning into Stone Bay School
- Work experience for our Post 16 students at local businesses: The Garden Gate, Windmill Allotment, TAG Pet Rescue, Broadstairs Library
- Links with local Secondary Schools and Colleges, for example Dane Park Grammar School and Broadstairs College who we are offering work experience placements to
- Enrichment activities such as Manor House Forest School at Quex Park, Revolution Skate Park, Monkton Nature Reserve, Pegwell Bay Nature Reserve
- Getting out and about to local supermarkets, parks and the library
Visit our Enrichment Gallery under the Quality Of Education tab to see some examples of what we get up to!